The Asia Foreign Study Scholarship Program was created to encourage the exchange of students and scholars across Asia, promote mutual understanding among Asian countries, and advance overall education quality and expansion of educational cooperation in the region.
The Program is designed to raise funds and allocate scholarships for youth in Asia to study abroad. It is also designed to finance scholars in the region for both domestic and overseas research.
1. Youth in Asia desire to learn advanced science and technology, as well as cultures and languages of other countries. Each year, many thousands of students in Asia study abroad, both inside and outside the region.
2. It is a shared aspiration among Asian countries, both by government authorities and educational institutions, to create further avenues for overseas studies, in order to achieve an optimal quality of education in Asia.
3. Along with the rapid economic advancement in the region, there is a growing demand for talented, well trained employees. Thus, government authorities and employers are allocating more and more funds to education and training.
Any contribution and/or aid to the Program from government authorities, education institutions, enterprises and social groups will be highly appreciated.
2. Recommendation and Application for a Scholarship
Government authorities and education institutions in the region may recommend candidates for a Scholarship. Individuals in the region may also apply on their own.
4. Selections, Administration and Service
Each and every scholarship provider shall make available its respective selection criteria to the agency, which is empowered to make the appropriate selections from the Asian applicants and to announce publicly the outcome immediately thereafter. The scholarship provider may make the corresponding notice to the students. An education institution receiving overseas students under the scholarship program shall be obliged to deliver appropriate administration and service.
5. Types of the Scholarships
The Scholarship Program shall have both full and partial scholarships.
A scholarship recipient may be a degree-pursuing student, a visiting scholar, a joint research staff (for academic improvement), or a learner attending long-term or short-term courses on national languages and cultures.